Since 2018, LinkedIn is making huge efforts towards helping users find a job. This translates into a dedicated web application for recruiters, and new features to get noticed for the users. Among them, the very visible: “Open-to-work” status. Let’s see how to use it.
How to turn on or off the LinkedIn “open-to-work” status?
In order to show you’re open to work, follow these steps:
- First, go to your LinkedIn profile page.
- Below your name, locate and click on the “Open to” button.
- LinkedIn will prompt you for some information about the desired job. Once you’re down, scroll down to the bottom section regarding visibility. Click “visible to all”.
- That’s it! You have a “#Open to work” frame above your profile picture.
How to turn OFF the LinkedIn “Open-to-work” status?
If you wish to remove the #opentowork status, LinkedIn will give you the option to make it invisible while still considering you as open to work. This is very useful to keep receiving LinkedIn recruiters’ job offers without alarming your boss. You’ll also be able to completely turn off this status, both visually, and factually. Let’s see how:
- Back to your LinkedIn profile, click on your profile picture.
- Look for the “Frames” option.
- Pick the one you want.
- LinkedIn will ask whether you’re still looking for a job or not.
- You’re done!
Note: The #opentowork frame might be still visible after clicking but refresh your page, and it will soon disappear.
Automate actions to make your LinkedIn job search successful
At TexAu, we help people automate the tasks that bring you value so that you can focus on things that can’t be automated. During the job search process, some things can’t be automated:
- Updating your LinkedIn profile.
- Having a dope headshot or a catchy headline.
- Being actively writing content, and involved in the community.
But many things can be automated and will help you get to find a new job:
- Automatically sending DMs to your network, or to potential employers.
- Automatically sending connection requests to CEOs and managers to get noticed.
- Automatically endorsing people of your network in the hope of them endorsing you back and boost your skills.
By being proactively reaching out to people, you significantly boost your chances of getting noticed, contacted, and hired. Get started today with our 14-day trial!