Sending tons of invitations for your birthday and getting very few answers is a bad signal, right? Well, on LinkedIn it’s the same: When you request someone to become a connection of yours, that person is perfectly allowed to refuse or ignore your request. But if you have too many of those pending connection requests can send a red flag to the LinkedIn algorithm: “This person is not popular, therefore promote him”. And that’s bad for you, or your content’s visibility.
There’s a simple trick to avoiding that: Removing your pending connection requests. Here is how you do it:
How to cancel your LinkedIn connection requests on desktop
On desktop, the fastest way to go to your network’s sent connection request manager is by visiting this URL: https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/invitation-manager/sent/
You can find your network’s sent connection request manager by following these steps:
- In the navigation bar, go to “My network”.
- Then, in the “Invitations” panel, click on “Manage” in the top right-hand corner.
- Under the “Manage invitations” section, click on the “Sent” tab.
- That’s it, just click “Withdraw” on any request you’d like to remove.
Keep in mind that any action to remove a connection request can not be canceled. If you want to connect with that person again, you’ll have to send him a request or have them ask you again.
How to cancel LinkedIn connection requests on the LinkedIn mobile app
If you’re on the LinkedIn mobile app, the process to remove a LinkedIn connect request from your account is almost the same.
- At the bottom of the application screen, tap the “My network” tab.
- Then look for the “Manage my network” link.
- Just switch to the “Sent” tab.
- And finally, click “Withdraw” on any profile whose connection you want to remove.
How salespeople and recruiters remove en masse every connection request automatically
The above steps are enough for most people. But sales people, HRs, event organizers, and networkers, often find themselves with hundreds, if not thousands, of pending connection requests. In this case, automating the connection removal process is necessary.
TexAu helps active professionals automate the tedious work on LinkedIn: DMs, connection requisitions, likes, comments, and… connection removal. How does this work?
- Create a free TexAu account. Though the trial lasts 15 days, it’s enough to completely remove all your LinkedIn connections.
- Connect your LinkedIn account with TexAu.
- Launch the “Auto-withdraw LinkedIn connection request automation.
- You’re done!
Depending on the amount of LinkedIn connections you have pending, the process ranges from instant to a few minutes. If you’re in a hurry, no worry: All the TexAu automations run from the cloud. This means that once launch, you can quickly TexAu.com and even shut your computer down. The job will be completed remotely. It’s that easy!