- Spice Name: Mass unfollow Twitter Profiles
- Results: Automatically unfollow any Twitter profile(s) you want. Also, you can check if those profiles follow you or not & unfollow only if those do not follow you at the time of execution.
About Unfollow Twitter Profile automation
We’re aware of the fact of the follow-unfollow strategy & many users utilize this strategy to massively grow their Twitter following. However, there’s a problem here. While implying this strategy, many don’t follow back & that’s a hurdle you’ll face when you follow over 5000 accounts, Twitter will limit the number of profiles you can follow per day. To dodge this issue, we have this spice that lets you unfollow Twitter profiles in bulk. Also, you can check if the Twitter profile is following you or not (you wouldn’t need this if you do one additional step which we will discuss below)
Here are usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Mass unfollow Twitter profiles that do not follow you back
- Check if those twitter profiles follow you or not & unfollow only if they’re not following you
- Create room for more following without worrying about limits Twitter has laid. You can follow 400 profile per day but after following 5000 accounts, Twitter reduces the number of profiles you can follow.
- Automate the process of bulk unfollows Twitter profiles of those who don’t follow you back.
How to Unfollow Twitter Profile?
One of the biggest USPs Twitter has is the quality of content just 280 characters. This makes Twitter a place to get a lot of attention to promote your products & services. However, to be heard you will need a decent following. In order to have a decent following, you will need to out straight go and follow people.
As discussed earlier, you can’t follow more people per day if you have more than 5000 followers. This spice does exactly that for you. It makes the way for you to add more following by mass unfollowing twitter profiles who don’t follow you.
This is a very good strategy, especially if you want to get more attention in terms of engagement on Twitter.
Here are the steps to mass unfollow Twitter profiles
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Twitter_Auth Token Cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension. Use Chrome Extension only if you’re using the automation on a web browser. On the desktop, you can save a variable of the Twitter_Auth Token so that you don’t have to fetch the token again and again.
- Enter the Profile URL in the respective field & You can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet with profile URLs to automate the whole process to address a much large number of Twitter profiles to mass unfollow.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- Click the “Unfollow User” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice. This spice has no limit so you can add any number of replies. But keep in mind the daily limits according to your plan.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply to mass unfollow Twitter profiles using TexAu:
- You can run 40 executions per day & as per twitter’s guidelines, you can follow 400 profiles per day & we have capped the limit to mass-unfollow Twitter profiles at 200. Furthermore, keep your account daily limits in mind as well.
Understanding the whole execution of mass unfollow Twitter profiles
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Twitter profiles you want to mass unfollow. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Twitter_Auth Token: Twitter uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Twitter profile.
2. Profile URL: Here you will enter the URL of the profile you want to unfollow. We’re sure you don’t want to unfollow a single profile. Proceed to the next steps to mass unfollow Twitter profiles who don’t follow you back.
3. Check if the profile follows you: This step is optional but we want you to check this. Checking this option will unfollow specified profiles ‘only’ if they don’t follow you back. This is a great way to clear your following to create more room for more following per day.
4. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Twitter profiles to mass unfollow. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. You can run this spice 40 times per day and each execution allows you to unfollow 200 profiles per day. You can either manually create this Google Sheet or this spice to extract your following and feed that sheet as input in this spice.
Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
5. Unfollow user: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
6. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to regularly mass unfollow the Twitter profiles that do not follow you. Since there’s a limit of following 400 profiles per day, you will not be able to unfollow more than 200 profiles per day. Scheduling this spice will do the needful for you.
How to mass unfollow Twitter profiles using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter_Auth Token cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice Page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter_Auth Token cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Specify the profile URLs & check “Check if profile follows”
You’re not here to unfollow a single profile, so simply go ahead and upload the CSV or link the Google Sheet you extracted from this spice (or if you have a list already, well and good).
Make sure you have checked the option to check if the profile follows you. This will ensure the spice will mass unfollow only if the profile isn’t following you. This means, if the profile has followed you, the spice will not unfollow them.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple people to mass unfollow)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps. This sheet can be the one created by you or extracted from this spice.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Twitter_Auth cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the post URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 4: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Unfollow User button will immediately start the execution. The time taken to execute this spice depends on the number of profiles you want to unfollow.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 5: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Unfollow Users you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Mass Unfollow Twitter Profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂