Unfollow an Instagram profile
Automatically unfollow any profile on Instagram in bulk. A crucial part of growing Instagram is to engage with the right people. If you are following the wrong people who block your feed with irrelevant content, you’re only wasting your time while on Instagram.
Here are the usecases/applications of using this automation:
- This spice is for those who want to manage their Instagram (or of course for someone else if you own a social media marketing agency) and unfollow to clear irrelevant following. You can even use this automation as part of the follow-unfollow strategy.
Since you’re dealing with Instagram profiles in this automation, here are some other automations you can run on any Instagram profile URL:
- Scrape their email address for cold outreach
- Take a screenshot of their profile
- Auto like the recent posts from an Instagram account
- Automatically watch Instagram stories
- Scrape Instagram stories from any Instagram account
- Scrape posts published on an Instagram account
How to unfollow Instagram profiles?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of CSV or Google sheets to unfollow any Instagram profile(s).
Here are the steps to use this automation
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Instagram session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to unfollow, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can run this spice 50 times a day. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to unfollow Instagram profiles
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Instagram Profiles you want to unfollow.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- SessionID: Instagram uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 3.
- Check if profile follows: Optional step but you can use this step as safety net & ensure that you unfollow only those who don’t follow you back. This is helpful for those who find the follow-unfollow strategy helpful.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Unfollow User: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to unfollow any Instagram profile?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Instagram Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Instagram to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Instagram session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Instagram account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Unfollow User button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Unfollow User button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to unfollow any Instagram profile(s).
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂