- Spice Name: Send a Twitter message
- Results: Automatically send DM to anyone on Twitter
- Usecase: Find yourself relaxed while this automation sends DMs to twitter users you define here. Use this automation to break the ice with your target audience on twitter by automatically sending DMs to them.
About sending a Twitter message to anyone
Twitter has one of the best direct messaging tools on the internet. What makes it even more effective and efficient, is the intent and mindset of people. Most people on Twitter are welcoming than on Facebook or Instagram.
We have created this to help you break the ice by sending first-ever DMs to your prospects. You can customize & personalize the DMs using tags like first name and last name that will be auto-populated based on the profile names.
How to send messages to any Twitter profile?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of profile URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to send DMs to them. You can also define messages to be sent to those contacts.
You can go one first further by creating a buyer’s persona for each profile. Scrape their Twitter profile to understand more about them. This seems a lot of work but the returns will be worth these efforts. You can personalize and create a wow moment in DMs based on the insights from the scrapped data. Add all the mess
Here are the steps to use this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Twitter session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to send messages to, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can send 40 DMs per day. This is to avoid being punished by Twitter. Therefore, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Twitter Profile URLs you want to send DMs to.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Auth_Token: Twitter uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URL in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 4
- Message: Define the message in this field. Remember to keep it generic. You can personalize the message using tags though.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Send a DM on Twitter: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to send a DM to any Twitter profile?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Twitter account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Send a DM on Twitter button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Send a DM on Twitter button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to send a DM to any Twitter profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAu, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂