- Spice Name: Extract details from a pin
- Results: Extract details of a pin posted on Pinterest to generate content ideas & leads.
- Usecases(s): Use this automation to either find leads for your graphic designing skills, SEO skills (since people connect a URL to a pin) or simply see if the creator is a right fit for your marketing efforts.
About Scraping details of a pinterest
Pinterest is a serious threat to Google Images. With 478 Million monthly users, Pinterest is becoming the best search engine for non-branded searches. You can use this spice to scrape details of any pin for content ideas or lead generation. This spice also returns the URL the pinpoints to, so that it can be an input for other spices like finding emails & phone numbers from the websites and generating leads from there.
Note: The URL you input isn’t from the Pinterest search. Instead, you need to enter the URL of the post and the spice will scrape the details of that post.
How to scrape details of the pin?
You have to enter the URL of a pin published on Pinterest that you’re interested in or are posted by your potential leads. You can find pins of a particular niche and scrape its details to find leads for your services. For instance, you can find pins posted by fitness experts and you scrape the details, find their website, and pitch them social media marketing or content writing services.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Pinterest session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the URL of the pin you want to extract details from. If you have multiple pins, you can upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet containing the pin URLs.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to scrape details of a pin on pinterest
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of pins to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Pinterest session cookie: Pinterest uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Pin URL: Enter the URL of the pin you want to scrape details from. If you have multiple pins to scrape details from, you can leave this field as blank and upload a CSV or link a Google sheet in step 3.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover in next section.
- Scrape Details: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape followers from specified profiles.
How to scrape details of a Pinterest pin using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Pinterest Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Pinterest to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Pinterest session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple pins to extract from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Pinterest session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the Pinterest Pin URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Details button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple pins to scrape details from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Scrape Details you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Finally, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Scrape details of a pin from Pinterest.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂