Scrape A Tweet On Twitter
Scraps all the details of a tweet. Twitter is a listening platform. You can go to Twitter for market research as people openly talk about their experiences about a product/service.
You can leverage those reviews from people to learn more about their problems or feedback they have to share with the world. We have created this automation to help you do exactly that.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Extract valuable information like Name, tweet content, profile URL, media URLs & more.
- Create a list of interested people who’re either facing the problem you can solve or can refer you to someone who has the problem.
How to extract tweets from Twitter?
This automation is simple. All you have to add is the tweet URLs. You can even create a CSV or a Google sheet to extract comments from multiple tweets.
Here are the steps to execute the automation successfully:
- Create a free TexAu account
- Enter the Tweet URL in the respective field
- Run the automation or schedule it for later
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply extracting tweets from Twitter using TexAu:
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However, you will have to keep in mind the daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Now let’s see the automation in action.
Let’s see how to Extract tweets from a Twitter
Here we will see the step-by-step execution of the automation to extract tweets from Twitter. Before you begin, make sure you have a CSV or Google Sheet containing the profile URLs, in case you want to scrape details from multiple tweets.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of comments. Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Twitter Cookie: This is an optional step since the details of the tweet are publically available. If you don’t add the Twitter session cookie, only the public details will be extracted.
- Tweet Link: Input the tweet URL here if you want to scrape data of just one tweet. If you have more than one tweets, upload the CSV or link a Google Sheet in step 3.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have large number of tweets to scrape the comments from.
- Extract Tweet: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can schedule running this spice if you have too big of a list to finish in one day. You can schedule the execution everyday, specific days of the week or month. You can even schedule the execution multiple times a day.
Note: The execution happens on the cloud so you don’t have to keep the browser open for scheduled executions.
Now that you know about input points, let’s take a look at the individual steps of the execution.
How to extract Tweets from Twitter using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the automation page. TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button, as shown in the image above.
In case if you are not using Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the Twitter session cookie manually or use our chrome extension to do it by click of a button.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for a successful execution.
As a final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on “Extract Tweet” will immediately start the execution. It usually takes 1-2 minutes for the automation to finish, but depending on the number of tweets it might take longer.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set specific start & end times of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on “Extract Tweet” you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look something like as shown below:
Once you see it, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract tweets from Twitter.
In case you have any questions related to this automation, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂