- Spice Name: Craigslist Page Scraper
- Results: Automatically extract details from Craiglist
- Usecase: Use this automation to get a list of businesses you search for on craigslist. You can be a Facebook ad specialist and use this automation to find businesses you can help to get more business from Facebook.
About the spice to Scrape a craigslist page
Craigslist is classified advertisements website to share updates about jobs, housing, for sale, items wanted, services & more. You can generate leads from craigslist for your marketing & freelancing services.
How to Scrape a craigslist page?
The URL of a listing on Craigslist is the primary input for this spice. Create a list of such URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet & use that in the steps mentioned below.
Here are the steps to scrape a craigslist page
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the URL of the craigslist lising. If you have a list of craigslist listings in a CSV or Google sheet, link that in respective fields.
- Execute right away or schedule if needed.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to scrape a craigslist page
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required to scrape a craigslist page.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of craigslist pages to scrape. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Page URL: Enter the craigslist page URL to scrape a craigslist page.
2. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV or a Google Sheet. Be sure to execute this with the daily limit in mind. Even though there aren’t any limits to this spice, you have to keep in mind your daily limit of execution time.
3. Scrape a craigslist page: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
4. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to Scrape a craigslist page mentioned in the CSV or Google Sheet (more on this below)
How to scrape a craigslist page?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & setup your account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page. If you have a list ready in a CSV or Google sheet and add that in step 2.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the craigslist page. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape a craigslist page button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple craigslist pages, it would hardly take 2-3 minutes to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Scrape a craigslist page you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once you see, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Scrape a craigslist page
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂