About Linkedin Profile Scraper
Linkedin is a lead generation machine, with over 736 million users across the globe. Not finding a lead on Linkedin is impossible, you just have to look in the right place & the right way. Speaking of the right way, TexAu has an automation-ready for you to mine potential leads from Linkedin.
You can scrape Linkedin profiles of users who you think are potential leads for your product/service. To begin working, you will need a list of profiles extracted from Linkedin, we have automation to do that as well. Just upload a CSV or Google Sheet file (with profile URLs) to TexAu & the tool will take care of the rest.
Highlights of this Linkedin profile scraper:
- Scrape Linkedin data: Extract valuable information like Name, company, title, description, phone number, etc.
- Find Linkedin emails: Extract professional emails of the potential leads for cold outreaching them.
- Upgrade your CRM: You can either save the scraped results on our cloud or download CSV files to import them into your CRM.
- Automation, yet within the safety limits: We not only automate the whole process, but we have also set 50% lesser limits of what Linkedin actually allows.
How to automate scraping LinkedIn for data of potential leads?
As mentioned above, you will either need to have a list of profiles ready or use TexAu's Linkedin Profile Search Extractor to scrape profile from Linkedin search. This spice will extract details like profile URL, company details, emails (this will charge 1 email credit) & more.
Here are the steps to execute the automation successfully:
- Create a free TexAu account here: TexAu
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- You can scrape just one profile from a list of Linkedin profiles.
- Upload a CSV file containing LinkedIn Profile URLs or attach Google Sheets with profile URLs column rightly mentioned in the Profile URL section under Google Sheets URL menu
- You can check the Find Email checkbox if you want to extract the email of the profiles as well. You will be charged 1 credit per email
- If you're using the web version, make sure you toggle the Use Proxy button. This will require you to add proxy to your account. If you use TexAu Desktop app, you don't have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- If you have a Linkedin premium account, you check the check box. This will enable you to scrape more profiles.
- Click "Scrape a Linkedin Profile" to run the automation right away or click "Schedule this spice" to schedule it, in case you have a huge list of profiles to scrape.
Limitations & important points to note
Linkedin is very skeptical about automation & we don't want to raise any red flags for your profile. The limit implies the number of profiles you scrape per day. By default, we have set a limit to 50, it's well within the safety limit.
Following limits imply for scraping Linkedin profiles using TexAu:
- You can execute this spice 20 times a day.
- If you want to extract emails of the profiles you have added, 1 credit per email will be charged.
- If you send connection requests, the limit is set to 50 connection requests for a free LinkedIn profile & 35-40 if you have a sales navigator account.
- You can use third-party email verification tools like Snovio or Hunter to be sure if the emails are real & actually worth communicating.
Now let's see the automation in action.
Understanding the whole Linkedin Scraping execution beforehand
Here we will see step-by-step execution of the spice to scrape the Linkedin profiles. Before you begin, make sure you have a CSV or Google Sheet containing the profile URLs.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 5 minutes, depending on the number of profiles. Here's what each of the input points means:
- Linkedin Session Cookie: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it's really you who's using the LinkedIn profile.
- Profile URL: Input the profile URL here if you want to scrape data of just one profile. If you have more than one profile, upload the CSV or link a Google Sheet.
- Find Email checkbox: Check this if you want to scrape the email of the profile. This will be charged 1 email credit per email.
- Linkedin premium account checkbox: Check this box if you have a LinkedIn premium account. You can scrape more data. A free LinkedIn profile can only visit a limited number of profiles per day so a premium LinkedIn account can be handy.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a large number of Linkedin profiles to scrape.
- Scrape a Linked Profile: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can schedule running this spice if you have too big of a list to finish in one day. You can schedule the execution every day, specific days of the week or month. You can even schedule the execution multiple times a day.
Note: The execution happens on the cloud so you don't have to keep the browser open for scheduled executions. (Please confirm this, I roughly remember you saying this in the webinar)
Now that you know about input points, let's take a look at the individual steps of the execution.
How to automate Linkedin profile scraping using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Scrape a Linkedin profile automation page. TexAu acts on your behalf on LinkedIn to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your LinkedIn session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button, as shown in the image above.
In case if you are not using Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet's URL.
- Either get the Linkedin session cookie manually or use our chrome extension to do it by the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- Check if you want to find an email & have a premium account
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on "Scrape a Linkedin profile" will immediately start the execution. It usually takes 5 minutes for the automation to finish, but depending on the number of profiles it might take longer.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific time daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don't have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does it's job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on "Scrape a Linkedin Profile" you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look something like as shown below:
Once the execution is complete, you will the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the 'Result' button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That's all you need to scrape the Linkedin profile of your potentials leads.
Find Linkedin emails of potential leads using TexAu
If you don't have plans to take your cold outreach program on Linkedin, email is what you should go for. Emails are the closest you can get to your potential leads.
When you use our Linkedin profile scraper you will have the option to scrape emails of the profile URLs as well. This will be charged 1 credit per email & depending on the plan you have subscribed to, the number of LinkedIn emails you can scrape would vary. If you exhaust the limit, you can buy enrichments for the day. Check out the pricing for the same.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation: https://support.texau.com/en/articles/4710027-how-to-use-csv-with-texau-spices-automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation: https://support.texau.com/en/articles/4682042-how-to-use-google-sheet-with-texau-spices
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation: https://support.texau.com/en/articles/4682385-how-to-schedule-a-texau-spice-in-depth-guide