- Spice Name: Scrape Linkedin Group members
- Results: Automatically scrape the profiles of all the members of Linkedin Group
About Scraping Members from Linkedin Groups
Linkedin groups are an island with people with similar mindsets & interests, talking cool stuff about a topic. Scraping the members of such groups can land you in front of highly relevant people, something even Linkedin search cannot do. In Linkedin search, you have to individually look for the relevance of the profile with yours and then decide.
On the other hand, a Linkedin group is a readymade list of relevant people. This spice helps you scrape the members of a Linkedin group and perform various magic tricks using our spice. This spice returns a profile URL & here are of our spice you run on a profile URL to make the most out of the platform:
- Scrape basic or all information of that profile.
- Auto-send a connection request
- Send personalized messages to any Linkedin profiles
- Find emails using Linkedin profile URLs
- Auto-endorse skills of any Linkedin profile
- Extract activities on any Linkedin profile
How to scrape members from a Linkedin group?
Scraping members from any Linkedin group requires a group URL as primary input. You can control how many members the spice extracts for you.
Here are the steps to use this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of group URLs you want to scrape, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply to this spice using TexAu:
- There’s no limit to how many posts you can like. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of searches you want to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Group URL: Enter the group URL in this field, if you have a list of group URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 5.
- Max Number of Members: Mention the number of members you want to scrape from the Linkedin group.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract Jobs: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape members from Linkedin groups.
How to extract Linkedin group members using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
- Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation.
- We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Linkedin account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
- In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple group URLs to extract members from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Linkedin group URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Members button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of group URLs to scrape, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Scrape Members button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape members from a Linkedin groups.