- Spice Name: Like or retweet a tweet
- Results: This spice will automatically like or retweet a single tweet or a bunch of tweets for you
Auto Linking & Retweeting a tweet automation
Twitter is one of the most influential & underrated social platforms right now. Considering the fertility of the platform, this is the right time to get active on Twitter.
While you’re already active or planning to get active on Twitter, we have this spice to help you get ahead of the curve by doing more in less time. Let’s explore this spice in detail.
Here are a few usecases/applications of using this automation:
- The spice will help you automatically engage with tweets of people you admire. You can like & retweet tweets of them.
- Use this spice to auto-like or retweet (or both) one tweet or multiple tweets.
How to auto-like or retweet a tweet?
This is a very simple & straightforward spice. You can simply like/retweet/both one tweet or any number of tweets. All you have to provide TexAu is one tweet URL or upload/link a Google sheet in case you want to like/retweet/both multiple tweets.
Here are the steps to auto-like or Retweet Tweets
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Twitter_Auth Token manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the tweet URL in the respective field & specify the action you want the automation to take from the drop-down.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- Click the Like or Retweet a Post button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply to Like or Retweet a Posts using TexAu:
- You can like/retweet/both only 40 profiles per day. You can configure limits but we don’t recommend doing it because this will raise red flags for the Twitter algorithm. You can schedule this spice to run daily & do the job in case you have multiple tweets to engage with. You just have uploaded a CSV or link a google sheet with post URLs. We will show to automate this task endlessly in the below steps, read on.
Why doing this can help you?
Twitter was launched in 2006 and even today there are not even 400 million users across the globe. This means it’s not even ripe in terms of saturation. The platform is still in its infancy stage and hence the algorithm is very fertile.
The algorithm is designed to favor those who are actively engaging on Twitter. As a reward, the algorithm will take your activity and spread it into the feeds of those you’re engaging with.
In simple words, by liking and retweeting, you will be reaching the feeds of the followers of people you’re engaging with. This way, more people will discover you and hence the growth.
The same thing is happening on Linkedin as well. However, Linkedin has almost double the number of people active on the platform, which makes it difficult to grow.
Now that you’re convinced why you should actively engage with content on Twitter, let me show you the steps for the same.
Let’s see the execution of Like or Retweet a Tweet
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of posts you want to engage with.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Auth_Token: Twitter uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Twitter profile.
2. Tweet URL: Here you will enter the URL of the post you want to engage with.
3. Action: Here you will mention what type of engagement you want to lay on the post URL mentioned. It can be Like, Retweet, or both. We’d recommend doing both as you can do only 40 of those per day.
4. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of tweets to engage with. Be sure to execute this with the daily limit in mind. You can deal with only 40 profiles per day. If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
5. Like or Retweet Tweet: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
6. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to regularly engage with tweet URLs mentioned in Google Sheet (more on this below)
How to extract interested potential leads from posts using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter Auth Token
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this page if you’re executing this spice on a web browser or search for “Like Or Retweet A Tweet” if you’re executing this spice on a desktop.
TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter Auth Token to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Enter tweet URL you want to engage with
If you just have one tweet URL to engage with, enter that in the respective field, which we don’t think is the case. Doing that on Twitter itself would be faster. You’re here to do it for multiple posts & do that in a matter of minutes. You will need to engage with multiple posts using a Google sheet.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple tweets to like/retweet)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Twitter Auth Token again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the Tweet URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on Like or Retweet Tweet will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple posts to extract comments from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Click on “Like or Retweet Tweet” and after the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to automatically like/retweet/both a Twitter post.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or any issue you have with TexAu, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂