- Spice Name: Scrape Trends on Google
- Results: Extract trends data from Google trends to analyze the trends on Google
About Scraping Trends on Google
This spice is for content creators who take inspiration from Google Trends for their content. This spice will give you date wise popularity of the keywords you enter here. You can either check for one keyword or for multiple keywords together.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Use this automation for scraping trends from Google to create content that trending. The beauty of this automation is you can scrape trends data of multiple search queries at once.
How to scrape Google search results?
Enter the search term and find the popularity of the trend date-wise to either predict the trend or decide the topics to create content around. If you have a lot of search terms to check, you can list them in a CSV or a Google sheet and link them in this automation. TexAu will get you the date-wise popularity data of all those specified keywords.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the search term in the respective fields. In case you have a list search terms to work on, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Get Trends” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can scrape details of only 20 Google Trends per day so ensure you use this spice with daily limit of your account. You can find the daily limit here.
Let’s see how to get trends from Google
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of search trends to extract.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Search Item: Enter the search item you want to scrape
- Geo Location: The trends vary from country to country, so mention the location so that you get the right results.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of search terms to extract from Google trends. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Get Trends: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to get trends from Google using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple search terms to get trends from Google)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the keyword. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Get Trends will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple keywords to get trends from Google, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Get Trends you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to get trends from Google.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAu, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂