Scrape search results from Google
Get search results from Google for any keyword. You can set the country & language to fetch results. This automation is ideal for marketing agencies or freelancers who want to generate leads from Google based on the search results that show up. You can use the results generated from this can be used in various other automation like finding emails & social media links to connect with them and pitch your products/services.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Use this automation to find a list of websites that are ranking on Google. You can scrape 30 pages (or up to 300 results) to find exactly what you’re looking for. This can be useful for SEO agencies, who’re either looking for clients or to build backlinks.
How to get Google search results?
You will have to specify the keywords, country & language you want to scrape the search results. You can create a CSV or a Google sheet with the search keywords and link it in the automation. This will enable the automation to continuously scrape for the specified keywords automatically.
Here are the steps to run this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the search term in the respective fields. In case you have a list of keywords to extract from Google search, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this automation.
- Select the search text language from the drop-down. You can leave this blank and the search engine will result in the default language.
- Select the country the results should be extracted from. Google delivers different search results for the same query based on the location of the searcher. You can also specify the number of results to be scraped from search results.
- Click the “Get search results” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this automation.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can extract 20 searches per day. This is to ensure you get the top results as search results keep changing time and again even for same keywords results seem to change.
Let’s see how to get search results from Google
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this automation.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of search results to extract.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Search text: Enter the search term you want to extract the results for.
- Search text language: Specify the language you want to extract from the search engine. You
- Country with respect to query location: Specify the country you want the results to come from.
- Max count: Specify how many results should the script extract from Google search.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of search results to extract from Google. Be sure to execute this automation with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Get Search Results: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this automation to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to get google search results using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple keywords to extract search results from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the keyword. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Get search results button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple keywords to extract results from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Like or Retweet Tweets you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape search results from Google.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this automation or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂