- Spice Name: Extract reviews from Google maps
- Results: Extract reviews from Google Maps and generate leads from it.
Extracting reviews from Google Maps automation
Reviews are the gold mine for understanding the grievances people have about a product/service. If you have access to the reviews, you can clearly tap into the likes/dislikes of users. This automation is exactly for that.
Pick any place listed on Google maps and this automation will extract reviews from the places listed on Google maps.
Here are some applications/usecase of using this automation:
- Get feedback before launching your product/service. This can be seen as market research for product market fit.
- You can curate businesses listed on Google maps to create a list like craigslist, you can use these reviews to rank those businesses.
How to Extract reviews from Google maps?
You can scrape reviews from just one search result or have URLs of places containing various businesses saved in a CSV or a Google sheet to run this spice for all those URLs and scrape reviews of all the businesses in that list.
Here are the steps to execute this automation
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the URL of the place on Google Maps in the respective field. In case you have a list of place URLs to extract reviews from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Get reviews” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- Before putting the place URL in this automation, make sure there are reviews published already to avoid wasting the minutes looking for something that doesn’t exist. Many places might not have any reviews but still the automation would look for it and waste resources.
Let’s see how to use this automation in real time
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of reviews you want to extract.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Place URL: Enter the place URL in the respective field. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Maximum Reviews: Mention the number of reviews you want to scrape from the mentioned place on Google maps. If the mentioned number of reviews to be extracted is more than the total number of reviews, then all the reviews will be extracted.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of place URLs to extract reviews from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Get reviews: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution of this automation.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to extract reviews from Google Maps using TexAu?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run such automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Mention the place URL in the respective field
If you’re looking for extracting reviews only from one place, you can mention that Google Maps URL in this field. However, if you have multiple place URLs from Google maps, then you can use the Google sheet or CSV to scrape reviews from multiple place listings on Google maps.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Place URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Get Reviews button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple place URLs it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Listings & once the automation is completed, you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract reviews from Google maps.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂