Scrape Linkedin Profile Visitors
Extract the list of people who have visited your profile. One thing all major social media platforms have done right shares the important metrics about your own profile. One such thing Linkedin has done is share the data of profile visitors of your Linkedin profile.
Linkedin takes it further by sharing the details of the people who’ve visited your Linkedin profile. Depending on the profile type, you can see all or a few people who visited your profile. Free Linkedin profiles will only see a few people who visited your profile.
This is a great source to find interested people & grow your network. We have created this automation just for that.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Find a list of people who have visited your LinkedIn profile. This can help you get in touch with & convert people who’ve shown interest in you. This can be adding them to connect or converting them into paid customers.
Related: Extract Linkedin post commenters
How to Get Linkedin to profile visitors?
This automation is very simple. The profile visitors are scrapped based on the Linkedin session cookie. Simply put, the profile that’s logged in in the browser, that session cookie will be fetched and the profile visitor’s details will be scrapped.
- Create a free TexAu account here: TexAu
- Connect your LinkedIn with the TexAu by adding a LinkedIn session cookie in the respective field
- Click on “Get Visitors” to run the automation immediately or click on “Schedule this spice” to run the automation as and when required
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to get Linkedin profile visitors
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 3 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profile visitors you have. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Linkedin cookie: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
2. Use Proxy: To avoid raising any concerns from Linkedin, make sure you either use a proxy or use the desktop app. When you use the desktop app, you don’t have to worry about proxies, whatsoever.
3. Get Visitors: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
4. Schedule this spice: You can choose to run this automation on a specific schedule. This gives you more control over what’s scrapped with this automation.
Note: The execution happens on the cloud so you don’t have to keep the browser open for scheduled executions. But when you run the spice on the cloud, you will have to have a proxy setup. When you run on a proxy, the Linkedin algorithm will not raise any concerns against the usage of the account.
Now that you know about input points, let’s take a look at the individual steps of the execution.
Related Workflow: Scrape the Linkedin profile of people you extract from comments
How to get linkedin profile visitors using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the automation page. TexAu acts on your behalf on LinkedIn to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your LinkedIn session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Enter the session cookie in the respective field
If you’re using the app on the web, simply click on the “Get cookie” button next to the field. If you’re using the desktop app, either app it manually or create a variable to reuse your Linkedin cookie.
Furthermore, if you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on “Get Visitors” will immediately start the execution. Unless you have too many profile visitors, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on “Get Visitors” you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen. After that, execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Then, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to get Linkedin profile visitors.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this automation, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂