- Spice Name: Auto-follow a ProductHunt profile
- Results: Follow automatically a ProductHunt profile
About auto-following anyone on Product Hunt
Product Hunt is an amazing place to discover SaaS products. You don’t have to rely on any other source for the discovery. Beyond the products, you can even discover amazing people behind the product and hence that can help you with expanding your network, find leads and sales.
We have created this spice to help you find & follow amazing people on Product Hunt.
How to auto-follow Product Hunt profiles?
You need to enter the ProductHunt profile URL to auto-follow anyone on the platform. Also, you can create a list of ProductHunt profile URLs in a CSV or Google sheet. You can use this as input in the below-mentioned steps.
Here are the steps to auto-follow any Product Hunt profile
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter ProductHunt session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the ProductHunt profile URL in the respective field.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to auto-follow any Product Hunt profile
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required to follow any Product Hunt Profile.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of ProductHunt profiles you want to auto-follow. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Product Hunt Session cookie: ProductHunt uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the ProductHunt profile.
2. Profile URL: Here you will enter the URL of the ProductHunt profiles. If you have a list of ProductHunt profile URLs, you can create a CSV of Google sheet and use it in step 3.
3. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV or a Google Sheet. Be sure to execute this with the daily limit in mind. Even though there aren’t any limits to this spice, you have to keep in mind your daily limit of execution time. If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
4. Follow Product Hunt user: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
5. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to auto-follow any Product Hunt profiles mentioned in Google Sheet (more on this below)
How to auto-follow ProductHunt profile using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Product Hunt Auth Token
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page. TexAu acts on your behalf on ProductHunt to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your ProductHunt Auth Token to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon. Also, it’s always better to use the desktop app. You wouldn’t need to purchase a proxy if you’re using our desktop app.
Step 2: Enter the Product Hunt profile URL you want to auto-follow
This spice works best when used to auto-follow multiple ProductHunt profiles. Which is ideally the case. You can use this spice as part of a recipe or simply use it as an individual spice.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Product Hunt Session Cookie again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the ProductHunt profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Follow Product Hunt user button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Product Hunt profiles to auto-follow, it would hardly take 2-3 minutes to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Follow Product Hunt user you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once you see, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to auto-follow any ProductHunt profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂