Find A Facebook Profile
Find Facebook profiles using the name of profile owners. This spice is ideal for recipes where you discover people on other social networks and using their names, you find their Facebook profiles.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Facebook has over 2 billion people, finding & connecting with people on the platform is only going to help. Use this automation to find people by name (maybe you’re connected on other social platforms) and send a friend request on Facebook.
How to find any Facebook profile using a name?
Name is the primary identifier here. You can create a list of Names you want to find on Facebook.
Here are some of the other spices you can use on the profile URLs fetched in this spice:
- Extract friends of friends to find leads from them
- Scrape profiles from a Facebook group
- Extract profiles of commentators on Facebook post
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Name in the respective fields. If you have a list of Names you want to find Facebook profiles of, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below
- Click on “Find a Facebook profile URL” to run the automation immediately. If you want to run the automation only when required, click on “Schedule this spice”
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice as such. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Names you want to find Facebook profiles of.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Name: Mention the name you want to find here. Since this is to find Facebook profiles in bulk, this field won’t be used much. Create a list of names in a CSV or Google sheet and use that in step 2.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Find a Facebook profile URL: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to find any Facebook profile URL?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple names)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Names. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Find a Facebook profile URL button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Names, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Find a Facebook profile URL button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to find any Facebook profile using the names of people.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂