Find Instagram profiles
Use this automation to find profiles of your leads using their names. We have created this automation to work with a workflow. You can extract a list of people who’re your potential leads from a LinkedIn search and use that list to find their profiles on Instagram to grow your network. This being the most common use of this automation, you can put on your thinking hat and get creative around it. You get the profile URL as output for this automation.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Let’s say you want to grow your network on Instagram. You have a list of names of people from other social platforms. You can use this automation to find those people on Instagram and auto-follow Instagram profiles as part of a workflow.
Here are some other spices you can run on any Instagram profile URL:
- Scrape their email address for cold outreach
- Take a screenshot of their profile
- Auto like the recent posts from an Instagram account
- Automatically watch Instagram stories
- Scrape Instagram stories from any Instagram account
- Scrape posts published on an Instagram account
How to find Instagram profiles using names?
Since this automation is commonly used as part of a recipe, you don’t have to enter anything. As part of a recipe, the input for this spice will be a list of names (not usernames) of people you want to find on Instagram. If you’re finding people separately, simply create a list of names of those people and you’ll be done with it.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Name in the given field. If you have a list of Names you want to find on Instagram, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Run the automation right away or you can schedule it to run on a regular basis to find new Instagram profiles based on Names.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to find Instagram profiles
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Names you want to find.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Name: Enter the Name in this field. If you have a list of Names you want to find on Instagram in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 2.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Find an Instagram profile URL: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to find the profile URL of anyone on Instagram?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Instagram Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Instagram to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Instagram session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Instagram account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Names to find)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Names. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Find an Instagram profile URL button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Names you want to find, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Find an Instagram profile URL button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to find any Instagram profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂