- Spice Name: Find a Linkedin profile
- Results: Find any Linkedin profile using a name or a company name.
About Finding Linkedin profile
We have created this spice to help you find people from the company you want to work for or get a job in. You can also find people by their names. This makes it easy to connect with specific people, maybe someone you met in that conference and you forgot to note the link to their Linkedin profile. You can execute multiple spices once you have their LinkedIn profile URL. Here are some of our top picks:
- Scrape basic or all information of that profile.
- Auto-send a connection request
- Send personalized messages to any Linkedin profiles
- Find emails using Linkedin profile URLs
- Auto-endorse skills of any Linkedin profile
- Extract activities on any Linkedin profile
How to find specific people on Linkedin
As primary input, you will need to enter the search query, i.e the full name along with the company they work at. For instance, “Sundar Pichai Google” will be the correct way to search for a specific person at an organization. Use the same format if you’re planning to include the company name in the search query. Using company names will shorten the radius of the search.
Here are the steps to Find Linkedin profile URLs using the name
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of search queries (as shown above) you want to scrape the profile URL of, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply to this spice using TexAu:
- There’s no limit to how many profiles you can scrape but if you have a free profile, we recommend only scraping 50-100 profiles per day. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of search queries to execute.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Query: Enter a search query you want to scrape the profile URLs of. If you have a list of search queries, upload a CSV or link a Google sheet, skip to step 2.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet containing the list of search queries.
- Find a Linkedin profile URL: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can schedule running this spice if you have too big of a list to finish in one day. You can schedule the execution every day, specific days of the week or month. You can even schedule the execution multiple times a day.
How to Find Linkedin profile URLs using TexAu?
Step 1: Create & setup TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple search queries)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the search queries. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Find a Linkedin profile URL button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of search queries, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract profiles from search results button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to find Linkedin Profile URLs using names.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂