- Spice Name: Extract your Linkedin Connections
- Results: Use this spice to scrape the details of your existing connections on Linkedin.
About Extracting your Linkedin connections
Your connections are the closest leads you can have on Linkedin. We have created this spice to help you make the most of Linkedin, beginning with your own connections. As and when you keep adding more connections, what you reap from your own connections becomes more valuable. For instance, here are some of our spices that you can use to create more value just by using Linkedin profile URLs, in this case, profile URLs of your own connections.
- Basic Information of the Linkedin Profiles
- Scrape all the details of a Linkedin profiles
- Auto-endorse any Linkedin profile
- Send Linkedin messages to connections
- Find social media links of your Linkedin connections (this is a public recipe)
How to auto-extract your Linkedin connections?
As input for this spice, you will either have to log in to Linkedin in the browser you’re using, or save the Linkedin session cookie as a variable and use that variable as input on the desktop app. This spice works on the Linkedin session cookies. All other fields are optional, but you can further customize the output using the optional fields.
Here are the steps to extract Linked connections
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Specify the number of profiles you want to scrape. Leave it blank if you want to scrape all connections and have less than 5000 connections. Especially, if you’re doing this for the first time. As a best practice, you can scrape details of all connections to have up-to-date information about them.
- Executing the spice will result in the profile URLs which you can use for above mentioned spices or generate leads from your connections.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply to this spice using TexAu:
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, keep in mind your daily limit. Depending on the number of connections you have, the time taken to scrape the details will increase. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of connections you have.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Number of Profiles: In single execution, you can scrape up to 5000 profiles. Unless you have more than that, all connections will be scrapped by default if you do not choose the field in the next step.
- Start Scraping from the beginning: If you select this check box, the spice will scrape details of all the connections from the beginning, i.e the script will start scraping details from the very first connection you added to your profile.
- Connection date: Choose which followers you want to scrape. If you have a large list of connections, this might help to customize only those people added as your connections around the specified time.
- Extract Connections: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can schedule running this spice if you have too big of a list to finish in one day. You can schedule the execution every day, specific days of the week or month. You can even schedule the execution multiple times a day.
How to Auto-Extract your Linkedin connections using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to Linkedin.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Connections button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of connections you have added to your account, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 3: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Connections button the execution will begin and once the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape connections from your Linkedin profile.
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂