- Spice Name: Extract All Videos From A Youtube Channel
- Results: Extract valuable details about videos published on a YouTube channel to find the top-performing content and insights from that channel.
Extract YouTube videos automation
This automation is for those who are aspiring to become YouTubers and want to learn from the best on the platform. You can use this automation to extract details of all the videos published on a channel. With this automation, you get insights into their content and help yourself create content for your own channel.
Here are some usecases of using this automation:
- Get content ideas: We have created this automation to help you extract all the videos from any YouTube channel & use it as an inspiration source for content ideas backed by data like length of the video, number of views, thumbnail etc.
- Competitor analysis: Based on the data you find from the channels you can burn down the strategy to very specific things. Of course, you need a knack for reading between the lines.
How to Extract videos from Youtube channel to generate content ideas?
You can paste a single YouTube channel URL or if you have a list of channel URLs, you can upload it as a CSV or link a Google sheet. This spice will return details of videos published on that channel.
Here are the steps to extract YouTube videos from the channel
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Channel URL in the respective fields. In case you have a list of Channel URLs to extract details from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Extract Videos” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to execute this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than 1 minute, depending on the number of channel URLs to extract details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Extract Videos: Enter the URL of the channel in the respective field. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Max Count: Specify the number of videos you want to extract from a channel.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of channels to extract video details from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Videos: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to extract YouTube searches using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple channels to extract video details from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the YouTube Channel Links. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Videos will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple channels to extract details from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific time daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Videos you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to know extracting details of videos published on any YouTube channel(s).
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂