- Spice Name: Quora Upvote Extractor
- Results: Automatically extract upvoters details from Quora
About Extracting upvoters from Quora answers
Someone upvoting an answer on Quora shows their interest in the topic. This spice helps you get the details of people who’ve shown interest in a certain topic related to your product/service.
We have created this Spice to help you create an instant list of potential leads based on an upvote on quora’s answer. You can extract upvoters from Quora & start converting them as paid customers.
How to Extract Upvoters from Quora answers?
Answer URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of CSV or Google sheets to extract upvoters from multiple answers. You can also schedule this spice to extract upvoters time to time basis.
Here are the steps to extract upvoters from Quora answers
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Quora session cookies manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the Quora answer URL in the respective field.
- Execute right away or schedule if needed.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract upvoters from Quora answers
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required to extract upvoters from Quora answers.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Quora answers you want to extract upvoters. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Quora MS & MB Cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
2. Answer URL: Here you will enter the URL of the Quora answers. If you have a list of Quora answer URLs, you can create a CSV of Google sheet and use it in step 4.
3. Max Count: Specify the number of Extract upvoters from Quora answer.
4. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV or a Google Sheet. Be sure to execute this with the daily limit in mind. Even though there aren’t any limits to this spice, you have to keep in mind your daily limit of execution time. If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
4. Extract Upvoters: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
5. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to extract upvoters from Quora answers mentioned in the Google Sheet (more on this below)
How to extract upvoters from Quora answers using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Quora session cookies
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page. TexAu acts on your behalf on Quora to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Quora Auth Token to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon. Also, it’s always better to use the desktop app. You wouldn’t need to purchase a proxy if you’re using our desktop app.
Step 2: Enter the Answer URL to extract upvoters
This spice works best when used for Extract Upvoters from Quora answers. Which is ideally the case. You can use this Spice as part of a recipe or simply use it as an individual spice.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Quora Session Cookie again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the Quora answer URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Upvoters button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Quora answers to extract upvoters from, it would hardly take 2-3 minutes to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Upvoters you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once you see, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract upvoters from Quora answers.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂