- Spice Name: Extract Twitter Following
- Results: Extract valuable details of profiles you feed into TexAu & use that for various other spices.
- Usecase: Use this automation to find who are they following on Twitter to find a bigger list of target audience. This automation can also be used to draw conclusion about their interests based on their following.
About the automation to Extract Twitter Following
We have created this automation to help you find more information about potential leads. You can use this automation to find information like if users follow you if the users have blocked you, the profile’s following, followers’ count & if users are verified or not.
Highlights of Extract Twitter Following
- Extract valuable information about any Twitter profile to make informed decision about using this information for sending personalized content about your business either as email or social media messages.
- Use this spice to know who doesn’t follow you & decide to mass unfollow them using this spice.
How to Extract Twitter Following?
You can use this spice to extract the Twitter following of a profile just by entering a URL of a profile. Furthermore, you can use this spice to extract the following of your own profile which further can be used as input to unfollow profiles that do not follow you back. Very simple & straight spice.
Here are the steps to Extract Twitter Following
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Twitter_Auth Token Cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension. Use Chrome Extension only if you’re using the automation on a web browser. On the desktop, you can save a variable of the Twitter Session cookie so that you don’t have to fetch the token again and again.
- Enter the Profile URL in the respective field & You can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet with profile URLs to automate the whole process to address a much large number of Twitter profiles to extract details about them.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- Click the “Extract Following” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice. This spice has no limit so you can add any number of replies. But keep in mind the daily limits according to your plan.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can extract details of 1000 profiles per day. However, keep in mind your daily limit provided you have subscribed for.
Let’s see how to execute this automation using TexAu
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profiles you want to extract details of.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Twitter_Auth Token: Twitter uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Twitter profile.
2. Profile URL: Here you will enter the URL of the profile you want to unfollow. We’re sure you don’t want to unfollow a single profile. Proceed to the next steps to mass unfollow Twitter profiles who don’t follow you back.
3. Number of Following: Use this step to specify how many following you want to extract from the mentioned profile.
4. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Twitter profiles to extract the following from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. You can extract 1000 following from single execution.
Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
5. Unfollow user: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
6. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to regularly mass unfollow the Twitter profiles that do not follow you. Since there’s a limit of following 400 profiles per day, you will not be able to unfollow more than 200 profiles per day. Scheduling this spice will do the needful for you.
How to Extract Twitter Following using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Enter the profile URL & specify the number of following you want to extract
Simply enter the profile URL & specify how many following you want to extract. Just make sure you keep in mind the daily limit of your profile.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profiles to extract followers from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Twitter_Auth Token cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the post URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 4: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Following button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple profiles to engage with, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 5: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Following button you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Extract Twitter Following.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂