- Spice Name: Extract Twitter Followers
- Results: This spice can help you to extract followers of your Twitter profile which can help you know more about the interest of your target audience.
Extracting Twitter Followers automation
You can use this spice to understand the users and their activity on the platform. The information like followers counts, if you follow them, user notifications (if the user has subscribed for notifications from any other profiles) & more. You can prepare a full persona sheet of a user using the information you get by running this spice.
Here are some applications/usecase of using this automation:
- Use this to extract valuable details like if they’ve blocked you, if you can tag them in media, the description, if the profile has followed you, and more.
- The main intent of creating this automation is help you get more people you can have as followers. Find who are following accounts with similar products/service as yours and attract them to follow you. This is a very straight forward strategy to grow your network on twitter.
How to Extract followers from any Twitter profile?
This spice uses Twitter profile URLs to extract information about them. This information can be of great use to decide about their likes & interests. If you want to do it for more than one profile, you can upload a CSV file or link a Google Sheet to run this spice and find information about multiple spices.
Here are quick steps to execute this automation
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Twitter Cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension. Use Chrome Extension only if you’re using the automation on a web browser. On the desktop, you can save a variable of the Twitter Cookie so that you don’t have to fetch the token again and again.
- Enter the Profile URL in the respective field & You can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet with profile URLs to automate the whole process of extracting the details of the content the users like.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- Click the “Extract followers” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice. This spice has no limit so you can scrape any number of details about the content a user likes. But keep in mind the daily limits according to your plan.
Limitations & important points to note
- Technically there aren’t any limits laid on extracting follower’s information but keep in mind your daily limit subscribed by you.
Let’s see how to exeucte this automation on TexAu
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profiles you want to extract followers from. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Twitter_Auth Token: Twitter uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Twitter profile.
2. Profile URL: Here you will enter the URL of the profile you want to extract media from.
3. Limit of followers: Use this step to specify the number of followers you want to scrape from the Twitter profile.
4. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Twitter profiles to extract the followers from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
5. Extract followers: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
6. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape followers from specified profiles.
How to Extract followers of anyone on Twitter using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter session cookie to authenticate as you run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Specify the profile & number of follower’s information to scrape
Use this field to specify the profile URL of the person you want to learn more about. Specify the number of followers you want to scrape. If you’re doing this for the first time, go slow or else Twitter will raise a red flag against your profile & it may get banned.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple people to extract commenters from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Twitter_Auth Token again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 4: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Followers button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Twitter profiles to extract followers from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 5: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract followers you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Extract Twitter Followers.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂