- Automation Name: Technology lookup of any website
- Results: Know all the technologies used on a website automatically. You can run this for any number of websites.
- Usecase: Use this automation to extract technology stack of any website to find leads for your web development projects or simply peep into the backend of your competitors. You can also discover new tools that you can use or recommend to your audience.
About automation to extract technology stack of any website
Use this automation to know what’s running the website. This will help you generate leads from the list of websites. Based on the information you get from the automation, you can pitch them your services to fill the gaps that existing technology is causing.
How to check what the websites are built with?
This automation uses just the URL of the website to extract technology stack of those websites. If you have multiple websites, you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet containing the website URLs you want to look up the technology of.
Let’s see how to lookup the technology of any website?
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the website URL in the respective field. In case you have a list of websites, upload it as CSV or use one of our automations to scrape websites from Google search result (search for keywords where you can find potential leads) and use that Google sheet as input for this automation.
- Click the “Extract a website tech stack” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this automation.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this automation, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this automation.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of websites you want to look for technology it’s built with.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Website URL: Enter the URL you want to find the technology the website are built with. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in next steps.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of websites to check the technology lookup. Be sure to execute this automation with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract a website tech stack: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this automation to check the technology of specified websites.
How to extract technology stack of any website using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple websites to lookup the technology their built with)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the website URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 4: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract a website tech stack button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple websites to work on, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 5: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract a website tech stack you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to check the technology any website is built with.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this automation or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂