Extract tagged posts on Instagram
Automatically extract any post from Instagram a user is tagged in. Searching for tagged photos on Instagram is easy for your own profile. All the tagged posts sit on your profile page. But this spice isn’t for that. This spice helps you extract Instagram posts any specified user is tagged in.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Imagine you run a digital marketing agency and ORM is one of the services you provide. You can use this spice to scrape all the posts your clients are tagged in and deal with the people who have created content that defames the brand. In a nutshell, this automation will help you track brand mentions for any Instagram profile.
- Alternatively, even the people who tag are leads. If you’re into the B2B niche and are looking for other businesses, this can be a great way to find leads.
Since you’re dealing with Instagram profiles, here are some other automations you can run on any Instagram profile URL:
- Scrape their email address for cold outreach
- Take a screenshot of their profile
- Auto like the recent posts from an Instagram account
- Automatically watch Instagram stories
- Scrape Instagram stories from any Instagram account
- Scrape posts published on an Instagram account
How to extract the tagged posts from any Instagram profile?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of CSV or Google sheets to scrape tagged posts from those profiles.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the profile URL in the given field. If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to scrape the tagged posts from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Run the automation right away or you schedule the automation to scrape tagged posts from any Instagram profile.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract tagged posts from Instagram
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Profile URLs you want to scrape for tagged posts.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- SessionID: Instagram uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 4.
- Number of posts: Specify the number of posts you want to scrape. Leaving it blank will scrape 45 posts per profile.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract tagged posts: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to extract tagged posts from Instagram profile?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Instagram Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Instagram to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Instagram session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Instagram account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract tagged posts button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs you want to scrape tagged posts from, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract tagged posts button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract tagged posts from any Instagram profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂