- Spice Name: Slack Community Member Extractor
- Results: Automatically extract community members from slack
About the spice to extract slack channel members
Slack is where people from different walks of life come together and talk about their likes & interests. There are several chat rooms that can become a lead generation source for your product/service.
When you extract users from slack channels, you can directly get in touch with the users as this spice also scrapes the email address of those users. The last time we checked, money is in the email list.
How to Extract Slack Channel Members?
Workspace URL & channel ID is are the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of workspace URLs & channel ID in a CSV or a Google sheet to extract slack channel members from multiple sources.
Here are the steps to extract slack channel members
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Slack session cookie, workspace URL, channel ID in the respective field. If you have a list of workspace URLs, channel IDs in a CSV or Google sheet, link that in respective fields.
- Execute right away or schedule if needed.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to Extract Slack Channel Members
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required to Extract Members.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of members to extract from the Slack channel. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Slack Session cookie: Enter the slack session cookie in this field to Extract Slack Channel Members.
2. Slack Workspace URL: Enter the workspace URL in this field. This is the URL you get to join a channel on slack. If you don’t have it, contact the channel owner for that. Check out the video to find the workspace URL.
3. Channel ID: Enter the channel ID you want to extract slack channel members from. Create a CSV or a Google sheet workspace URL, channel ID of the recipient to scrape members from those channels in bulk.
4. Number of users: Specify the number of users you want to scrape from the specified channels.
5. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV or a Google Sheet. Be sure to execute this with the daily limit in mind. Even though there aren’t any limits to this spice, you have to keep in mind your daily limit of execution time.
6. Extract Slack Channel Members: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
7. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to Extract Members from Slack Channel mentioned in the CSV or Google Sheet (more on this below)
How to extract slack channel members?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & setup your account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page. If you have a list ready in a CSV or Google sheet and add that in step 2.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the workspace URLs & Channel ID. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Slack Channel Members button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple workspaces to scrape, it would hardly take 2-3 minutes to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Slack Channel Members you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once you see, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Extract Slack Channel Members
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂