- Spice Name: Collect The Reviews Of A Facebook Page New
- Results: Extract reviews users have left on a Facebook page
About extract reviews of Facebook page automation
Where else would you turn other than reviews on your competitor’s Facebook page? Reviews are the gold mine of ready-to-convert leads. Furthermore, the people who add reviews will tell openly what they want and don’t want.
You can use this spice to scrape their details and personalize your product/service according to their needs. They won’t even know how you discovered them.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Reviews of any product/service are a gold mine for understanding the market & needs of the end-user. With the details of the review that’s scrapped with this automation, you can tap into several things. You can see what people like & dislike about a product/service and incorporate the same into your products/services. Furthermore, you can get a list of people who’re using products/services similar to yours and win them over your competition.
How to extract reviews of Facebook page?
Page URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of group URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to scrape the reviewer’s details from the page.
Here are the steps to use this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Facebook session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Page URLs you want to scrape the reviewer’s details from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice as such. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- Use one of our spices to find Facebook profiles using names.
Understanding the whole execution of this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Facebook Page URLs you want to scrape the reviewer’s details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- CUSER & XS: Facebook uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile
- Page URL: Enter the Page URL in this field. If you have a list of Page URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 5
- Number of reviews: Specify the number of reviews you want to scrape from the Facebook page. Leaving it blank will scrape 100 reviews by default.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Extract Reviews: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to extract reviews of Facebook page?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Facebook session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple page URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Page URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Reviews button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Page URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Reviews button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape the reviewer’s details from any Facebook page.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂