- Spice Name: Extract reviews from Google play store
- Results: Extract the reviews from Google Play Store & use that insight to find what people are looking for in the app. This can be your market research.
- Usecase: Use this automation to get a list of reviews on an app on Google play store. This can be useful for taking feedback for the app you’re creating and want to eliminate the negative reviews in your product.
About Scraping reviews from Google play store
We have created this automation to help you find the insights that tell you what good or bad an app is doing so that you can replicate the same for your app as well. If you’re an app developer or marketing agency specialized in marketing android apps, this spice can do wonders for you.
How to scrape Google search results?
You can use this spice to scrape reviews from the Google play store. All you have to do is enter the app URL & the script will scrape reviews from that app’s listing in the Google play store. You can create a CSV or a Google sheet with the app URL links. This will enable the spice to continuously scrape the reviews automatically. You can even schedule scraping the reviews if you have a huge list of app URLs and have a daily limit to take care of.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the App URL in the respective fields. In case you have a list of app URLs to extract details from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Get Reviews” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can scrape only 20 search results per day so ensure you use this spice with daily limit of your account. You can find the daily limit here.
Let’s see how to get reviews from Google play store
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of search results to extract.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- URL Link of the app: Enter the URL of the app you want to extract the reviews from.
- Reviews Limit: Specify how many reviews you want the script to extract.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of reviews to extract from Google Play Store. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Get Reviews: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to scrape google search results using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple App URLs to fetch reviews from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the keyword. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Get Reviews will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple apps to extract reviews from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Get Reviews you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After that execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Then click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape App reviews from Google Play Store.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂