Extract Quora profile followers
Build a list of potential leads based on who they follow on Quora. If you’re a content creator and want to find more readers of your content you can use this spice. You can scrape your competitor’s profile to find the list of followers and reach out to them and encourage them to read your content as well. You can also use this automation to generate leads for your products or services.
Here are the applications/usecases for using this automation:
- Use this automation to find a list of people who’re interested (hence the following) in products, services, and/or education your competitors are providing.
How to Extract Quora profile followers?
This spice uses the profile URL to scrape the followers of that profile. If you have multiple Quora profiles, you can either upload a CSV or link a Google sheet here to scrape followers of all those profiles.
Here are the steps to run this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the profile URL of the Quora profile or upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet if you have multiple profiles to scrape followers from Quora
- Click on “Extract Followers” to run the automation immediately or click on “Schedule this spice” to run the automation periodically
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to scrape quora profile for followers
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than a minute, depending on the number of Quora profiles you want to scrape for followers.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- MS Session cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
- MB Session cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the profile URL of the Quora profile you want to extract followers from.
- Number of followers: Mention how many followers you want to scrape from the specified profile(s).
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Quora profiles to extract followers from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here. Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
- Extract Profile: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape followers from specified profiles.
How to Extract Quora profile followers using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Quora Session cookies
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Quora to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Quora session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. If you use our desktop app, you don’t have to worry about proxies.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Quora profiles to scrape followers from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Quora session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the Quora profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Followers will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Quora profiles to scrape, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Followers you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, when you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to automatically Extract Followers of a Quora profile(s).
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂