- Spice Name: Extract reddit post
- Results: Extract important information related to a reddit post and find potential leads for your product/service
- Usecase(s): Extract the details of a reddit post to find leads from the post itself or people who engage with the post
About the automation to Extract post details on Reddit
Reddit is the front page of the internet. People post all sorts of questions/reviews/problems and more on Reddit. This makes Reddit a gold mine to quality leads who’re desperately looking for solutions.
How to Extract reddit posts?
All you have to do is find posts from Reddit that you think are posted by your potential leads. Bring the post URL to this spice and take home the details of those potential leads. You can use this spice to find details of a bunch of posts curated in a CSV file or a Google Sheet.
Here are the steps to extract Reddit posts
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the post URL you want to extract details of. If you have multiple posts to extract, you can leave the field blank and upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet with link to multiple posts.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to extract post details from Reddit
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of posts you want to extract.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Post URL: Enter the post URL in this filed. Usually this spice is a part of a recipe so most of our users have a bunch of posts to extract details of. If that’s you, upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet containing multiple posts URLs.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Reddit posts to scrape. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Post: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape followers from specified profiles.
How to Scrape Reddit post using TexAu?
Step 1: Create & setup your TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on Reddit to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple reddit posts to scrape)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Post URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Posts button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Reddit posts to extract from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. You can schedule the spices to run on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Posts you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Extract Details of Reddit posts.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂