- Spice Name: Extract Pixels from website
- Results: Know what are the paid marketing channel a website is using to pitch relevant services to the owners of the site.
Extract Pixels from website automation
This spice is designed for marketing agencies & consultants who are looking for leads for their firm. You as a marketing consultant can scrape websites to know if they have set up any pixels for paid traffic. If you find they haven’t you can scrape the emails of the website using this spice & reach out to the decision-maker and pitch your services.
Here are some applications/usecase of using this automation:
- Scrape pixels from any website to see if the site owners are running any campaign for paid traffic. If the pixels are installed, you can dig deeper in the ads the business is running and find area of improvements & pitch them your social media marketing services.
- If the pixels are not installed, there’s a very high chance that they’re looking for someone to improve their business online. You can be that person.
- You can scrape all the channels of paid traffic installed on a website including Facebook, Google, Linkedin & Twitter.
How to Extract pixels from a website?
Enter the website URL in the field to scrape all the pixels of paid traffic channels. If you have multiple websites to check, you can link a Google sheet or upload a CSV & schedule the spice if the list is too long. You can run this spice to scrape websites from Google & use that Google Sheet in this spice as input. While linking a Google Sheet you will have an option to process only new entries, this will ensure that the websites aren’t scraped twice & only the new entries will be processed.
Here are the steps to Extract pixels from websites.
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the website URL in the respective field & You can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet with more website URLs to automate the whole process of extracting the pixel details of those websites.
- Click the “Extract pixels” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- This spice has no limit so you can scrape any number of pixel details from the websites, but keep in mind the daily limits according to your plan.
Understanding the whole execution process of this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of websites you want to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Website URL: Here you will enter the URL of the website you want to extract pixels of.
2. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of websites to extract the pixel details from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
3. Extract Pixels: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
4. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape pixel details from specified websites.
How to Scrape pixels from websites using TexAu?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice page. TexAu acts on your behalf on those websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web for marketing automation.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple websites to scrape)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the website URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 4: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Pixels button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple tweets to engage with, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 5: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Pixels you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Scrape pixel data from a website.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂