- Spice Name: Extract Pinterest Board URLs
- Results: Extract all the boards published on a Pinterest Profile.
About Scraping Board URLs from Profiles
Use this spice to scrape all the public boards published on Pinterest profiles. This will help you with content ideas & leads. If you’re a B2C company (Pinterest is amazing for B2C marketing) you can use this spice to find amazing boards to market your product or service. You can simply input profile URLs, the spice fetches board URLs and you can decide for yourself if any of the board is the right fit for your product/service.
How to scrape board URLs from Pinterest profile?
You have to enter the Pinterest profile URL that you think is ideal for promoting your product or service (or any use case for that matter). This spice is ideal for B2C companies/agencies that are looking for leads or channels to promote their products/services.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Pinterest session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the URL of the profile you want to extract. If you have multiple profiles to scrape, you can upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet containing the profile URLs.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profiles to scrape board URLs from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Pinterest session cookie: Pinterest uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Pinterest Profile: Enter the Pinterest Profile URL you want to scrape. If you have multiple profiles to scrape board URLs from, you can leave this field blank and upload a CSV or link a Google sheet in step 4.
- Max Count: Specify the number of boards you want to scrape from the profile. Leave it blank to scrape 50 boards per execution and 500 boards per day.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet containing the list of Pinterest profiles. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract boards: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape boards from specified profile URLs.
How to scrape Pinterest Board URLs using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Pinterest Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Pinterest to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Pinterest session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Pinterest session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profiles to scrape the board URLs from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Pinterest profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Boards button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple profiles to scrape boards from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific time daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Boards you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Scrape Board URLs from Pinterest profiles.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂