- Spice Name: Extract Sales Nav Chat Messages
- Results: This automation will help you extract all the messages from your Sales Navigator Inbox based on the thread URL
Extract sales navigator messages automation
We have created this automation to help you get all your messages that were sent to anyone on sales navigator as part of outreach campaigns.
This can be useful for your own records, save a backup of an important conversation that you might have had, or simply as swipe files for internal use.
Here are some usecases/applications of this automation:
- Use this automation to get an archive of all your inbox messages in sales navigator. Useful for creating swipe files for internal use or you can even sell these to anyone looking to learn from you.
- You can alwys revisit the chat messages for inspiration of cold messaging. Sometimes, the best inspiration is yourself.
Highlights of this sales nav message extractor:
- Extract messages from sales nav: You can extract messages of specific URLs only. So that you don’t have to sort through all the messages that could’ve been scraped.
How to extract messages from Sales Navigator?
To run this automation, you will need to enter the chat/thread URL from the sales navigator. If you have multiple chat threads to extract, simply create a spreadsheet containing all the thread URLs.
Upload the sheet in relevant steps and let the automation take care of scraping the messages from the sales navigator in bulk.
Here are the key steps to get messages from the sales navigator:
- Create a free TexAu account here: TexAu
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the thread URL. If you have multiple threads to deal with, create a spreadsheet with all those names.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply for extracting messages from Sales Nav using TexAu:
- There’s no limit as such. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily executable limit. You can find the limit here.
- You will need to have a sales navigator account
Now let’s see the automation in action.
Let’s see how to extract messages from sales navigator
Here we will see the step-by-step execution of the automation to scrape the messages from the sales navigator.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profiles. Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Linkedin Session Cookie: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the linkedin profile.
- Thread URL: Input the thread URL here if you want to scrape data of just one chat. If you have more than one chats, upload the CSV or link a Google Sheet.
- Max Count: Specify the number of messages you want to extract from your sales navigator account. Be sure to provide the thread URLs of all those chats you want to extract.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of messages to extract. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Chat: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can schedule running this spice if you have too big of a list to finish in one day. You can schedule the execution everyday, specific days of the week or month. You can even schedule the execution multiple times a day.
Note: The execution happens on the cloud so you don’t have to keep the browser open for scheduled executions.
Now that you know about input points, let’s take a look at the individual steps of the execution.
How to scrape messages from sales navigator using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the automation page. TexAu acts on your behalf on LinkedIn to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your LinkedIn session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button, as shown in the image above.
In case if you are not using Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the Linkedin session cookie manually or use our chrome extension to do it by click of a button.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for a successful execution.
As a final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on “Extract chat” will immediately start the execution. It usually takes 1-2 minutes for the automation to finish, but depending on the number of chat URLs it might take longer.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set specific start & end times of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on “Extract chat” & after the execution is completed, you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen:
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape all the messages from the sales navigator.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this automation, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂