- Spice Name: Extract Media From Twitter Profile
- Results: You can extract meaningful information related to a profile in terms of media.
Extract Media from Twitter Automation
Use this spice to scrape information about the engagement on a profile. This spice can give valuable information about the type of engagement a profile gets. You can use this spice to scrape details about the people who’re engaging with your competitor’s profile.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Extract details like Tweet URL, the content of the tweet, number of likes & retweets, URL of the media & more
- With the number of likes. retweets & replies, you can foresee how much similar content that you create will perform once published. Based on the engagement, you can judge the content ideas for your brand
- Extract details of engagement on a profile in terms or media, likes & retweets
How to Extract Media from Twitter Profile?
You can extract details of engagement on a Twitter profile just by entering the URL. Additionally, you can specify how many media items you can extract from the mentioned profile.
Here are the steps to Extract Media from a Twitter Profile
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Twitter_Auth Token Cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension. Use Chrome Extension only if you’re using the automation on a web browser. On the desktop, you can save a variable of the Twitter_Auth Token so that you don’t have to fetch the token again and again.
- Enter the Profile URL in the respective field & You can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet with profile URLs to automate the whole process to address a much large number of Twitter profiles to extract details from.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- Click the “Scrape Media from Twitter” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice. This spice has no limit so you can add any number of replies. But keep in mind the daily limits according to your plan.
Limitations & important points to note
- Technically there isn’t any limits to use this spice but we have capped the limit to 500 profiles per day. This is for your safety & to not invite any troubles from Twitter algorithm.
Let’s see the execution of Extracting Media of Twitter profiles
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of profiles you want to extract media from. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Twitter_Auth Token: Twitter uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Twitter profile.
2. Profile URL: Here you will enter the URL of the profile you want to extract media from.
3. Number of Items: Use this step to specify the number of items you want to scrape from the profile.
4. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Twitter profiles to extract the media from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. You can extract media of 500 profiles per day.
Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
5. Scrape media from Twitter: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
6. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape media content from specified profiles.
How to Extract Media of Twitter profile using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Twitter_Auth Token cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Spice Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on Twitter to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Twitter_Auth Token cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Enter profile URL & specify number of items
Here you can specify the profile URL & specify the number of media items you want to scrape from the Twitter profile.
Step 3: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profiles to scrape media items from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Twitter_Auth token cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 4: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Media from Twitter button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple profiles to engage with, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 5: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Scrape media from Twitter you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Then, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Extract Media from Twitter Profiles.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂