- Spice Name: Google Maps Search Extractor
- Results: Extract listings from Google Maps and generate leads from it.
- Usecase: Use this automation to get a list of local businesses listed in any location your mention in the automation. This can be useful to you if you have to maintain a supply-chain among the local businesses. You can also be a SEO agency looking out for leads in terms of businesses that operates locally.
About Extracting Listings from Google Maps
We have created this spice to help you generate leads for your marketing agency or consulting business. The idea is to scrape businesses on Google maps and pitch them your services. In our experience, most local businesses have little to no digital readiness. They need help to gain visibility.
How to Extract listings from Google maps?
You can scrape results from just one search result or have URLs of search results contain various businesses (location & niche) saved in a CSV or a Google sheet to run this spice for all those URLs and scrape details of all the businesses in that list.
Here are the steps to execute this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Google Maps Search Query URL in the respective fields. In case you have a list of search query URLs to extract details from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Extract Listings” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of search results you want to extract.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Maps Search Link: Enter the search results URL in the respective field. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Number of pages: Google maps results share a lot of pages as results, you can specify how many of those pages you want to scrape in this field.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Google map search URLs to extract. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Listings: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to extract listings from Google Maps using TexAu?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple search result URLs to scrape)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Maps search link. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Listings button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple map search URLs it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Listings you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract listings from Google maps.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂