Extract Linkedin Conversation Links
Scrape links of all conversation lists in your profile. We have created this spice to help you scrape the messages from your Linkedin profile and to do that effectively, you need conversation URLs. This spice will get you that.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- When you have the links to the conversation, you can keep scrapping all the conversations from your profile. This will help you keep a backup of the conversations.
How to scrape conversation links from a Linkedin profile?
All you need to do is authenticate TexAu for your Linkedin session cookie and run the spice. You can customize what you want to scrape from the conversation using the filter drop-down & mention how many conversations you want to scrape.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Choose what type of messages you want to extract from your inbox. It can be all, unread, Archived, My Connections, InMail & Spam
- Optionally, mention the number of conversation links you want the automation to scrape
- Run the automation immediately, or schedule it for later
Limitations & important points to note
- You can run this spice 20 times a day. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here. You won’t need to run this spice more than once unless you have more than 1000 conversations to scrape.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract conversation links from Linkedin
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of conversations.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Filter: Select what type of messages you want to scrape.
- Max Count: You can specify the number of activities to be scrapped. Leaving this blank will scrape conversation links of 1000 messages.
- Get Links: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to scrape conversation links from your Linkedin profile?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Linkedin account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Get Links button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of conversations, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 3: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Get Links button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape the conversation links from your Linkedin profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂