Extract LinkedIn chat messages
Automatically scrape messages on Linkedin. Certain messages are for life. You may have valuable information in the chat and this spice is to scrape those valuable chats and have it offline. You can use one of our spices to scrape the conversation links from your profile. Use the conversation links as input for this spice.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Use the extracted chat messages as swipe files or templates. You can also use the extracted chat messages as a backup of all the leads you’ve generated from Linkedin.
How to extract chat messages from Linkedin?
Profile URL is the primary parameter in this spice. If you have multiple profiles to scrape messages from, you can create a CSV or a Google sheet and use it as shown below steps.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Profile or Thread URL of the chats in the respective fields. If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to scrape messages from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Optionally, you can also mention the number of chat URLs the automation should extract from your profile
- Run the automation immediately or schedule it for later
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract chat messages from Linkedin
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of post URLs.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Profile or Thread URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 4.
- Max Count: You can specify the number of messages to scrape. Leaving this blank will scrape 500 message threads.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract Chat: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to scrape messages from a Linkedin profile?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Linkedin account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Linkedin profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Linkedin Profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Chat button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Linkedin Profile URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Chat button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape messages from your Linkedin profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂