Extract jobs from LinkedIn search
Automatically scrape Jobs from Linkedin search. Linkedin got popular because it was the direct source to find and land a job. To date, there is a ton of focus & weight on the job of the members of the platform. If you’re a job aspirant or maybe an agency that helps professionals land a job, this spice is just for you.
We have created this spice to help job aspirants get a job without a lot of struggle of going through the jobs they’re eligible for.
How to scrape jobs from Linkedin search?
Scraping jobs from the LinkedIn search using this spice is simple. Search for jobs you’re interested in, put the search URL in this spice, and wait. You will have a list of jobs in a matter of seconds (or minutes) and you just have to get in touch with those companies and apply. You can sort by location to make your job easy.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the search URL in the respective field. If you have a list of search URLs you want to scrape, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below
- Optionally, you can enter the location & number of jobs the automation should scrape
- Run the automation right away or schedule it for later
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply to this spice using TexAu:
- There’s no limit to how many posts you can like. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of searches you want to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Li_AT: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Linkedin profile.
- Post URL: Enter the search URL in this field, if you have a list of search URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 5.
- Location: Enter the job location you want to work. The search results will contain the jobs from the mentioned location only. If you have already sorted using the location in Linkedin itself, then you can leave this blank, the search results will contain the sorted data already.
- Number of Jobs: Specify how many jobs you want to scrape. Leave this blank and all the jobs will be scraped (max 1000).
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract Jobs: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape jobs from a Linkedin search.
How to scrape jobs from LinkedIn search using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate LinkedIn Session cookie
- Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Linkedin to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Linkedin session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation.
- We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Linkedin account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
- In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple search URLs to scrape jobs from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Linkedin search URL. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Jobs button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of search URLs to scrape, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time for the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Jobs button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape jobs from a Linkedin search.