- Spice Name: Extract Instagram posts from a hashtag
- Results: Scrape posts from any hashtags on Instagram
About scraping posts from Instagram hashtags
As part of market research or content inspiration/curation, you need to work with a lot of posts and this spice helps you with exactly that. You can even be a marketing agency and use this spice to scrape posts from any hashtag and get in touch with them and offer your product/services.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- With the content you extract from specific Instagram hashtags, you get a list of profiles that are creating content around your target hashtags and the same list will contain the list of people engaging with the content created under those hashtags. Both the list contains people who’re your potential audience.
How to scrape the details of posts published under hashtags on Instagram?
You need to mention the hashtag you want to scrape, the count & post time. This will help you scrape only relevant hashtags.
Here are the steps to use this automation
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Instagram session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- If you have a list of Hashtags you want to scrape the details from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract Instagram posts from hashtags
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Hashtags you want to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- SessionID: Instagram uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Hashtag: Enter the Hashtag in this field. If you have a list of Hashtags in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 5.
- Post Time: This is optional but you can use this filter to specify how fresh or old posts you want to scrape. You can scrape as fresh as this hour and as old as this year.
- Max Count: Specify the number of posts you want to scrape. Leave this blank to scrape details of first 20 posts. Schedule this to scrape details of more posts on regular basis.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract posts: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to scrape details of Instagram posts from specific hashtags?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Instagram Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Instagram to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Instagram session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Instagram account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Hashtags)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Hashtags. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Posts button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Hashtags to scrape, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Posts button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape posts from specific Hashtags on Instagram.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂