This Instagram automation help you export all the accounts that you (or someone else) is following on Instagram. TexAu extracts the IG profiles, as well as all the available datas (avatar, follower count, bio, etc.) and delivers it to you in a .CSV spreadsheet.
What you can do with a list of account someone is following
Extracting the influences of one (or many) people is useful to understand them better. When marketers build a persona, an ideal customer, they look for common influencers. Do this with a 50 of your best followers or customers and see which influences they have in common, you might learn a ton.
Having this Instagram following list in a spreadsheet make it much easier to handle and analyze.
Pro-tip: If you’re into studying the followers of an account, use this other automation of ours, the Instagram Followers Extractor.
How to extract who someone is following on Instagram with TexAu?
To export Instagram following profiles with TexAu is easy:
- Create a free TexAu account here.
- Specify the Instagram URLs of the profiles that you want to study.
- Run this automation right away, or schedule it for a better time.
After logging in to your TexAu account and adding this automation to your account, you’ll be facing this setup screen:
- Session ID: Represents the Instagram profile with which you’ll perform this automation.
- Profile URL: The URL of the Instagram profile that you want to export the following of. If multiple people, use the .CSV or Google Sheets options explained below.
- Upload a .CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to export multiple profiles’ data, upload here a .CSV filled with profile URLs, or the address of a Google spreadsheet (don’t forget to make it public, see FAQ below).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
If this is your first time using TexAu, we recommend reading the FAQ.
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Instagram profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Instagram.
- Create your Instagram Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!