- Spice Name: Extract HTML from any page
- Results: Generate leads by auditing HTML of webpages you extract using this spice
- Usecase: Use this automation to scrape the HTML of any website to find leads or SEO details of the website.
About Extracting HTML from any webpage
If you’re a web development agency or an SEO consultant, you can generate leads using this automation.
Highlights of Extracting HTML from any webpage:
- Generate leads for your web development agency or SEO consultancy using this spice just by extracting HTML & auditing it.
How to extract HTML from any webpage?
To extract the HTML of any webpage all you need to enter is the URL. You can scrape Google search results to find websites that you can use in this spice to scrape the HTML of these websites. You can then either get in touch with them via email or social media to pitch them your services.
Here are the steps to this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the website URL in the respective field. In case you have a list of websites, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Extract HTML” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to execute this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around a minute, depending on the number of websites you scrape from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Website URL: Enter the URL you want to extract HTML. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of websites to extract HTML from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract HTML: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to extract the HTML of the specified websites.
How to Extract HTML from any website using TexAu?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple websites to extract HTML from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Website URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract HTML button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract HTML button you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Extract HTML from any website.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂