- Spice Name: Extract Quora profile following
- Results: Build a list of potential leads based on who they follow on Quora.
Extracting Quora profile following automation
We have created this spice to find more followers for your content on Quora. You can also use this automation to generate leads for your product or service based on the following of a profile. For instance, If someone is following Marius Kramer, they must be interested in cryptocurrency. The way you find such people is to extract the followers of big names in topics of your niche and then use that result as input for this spice.
Here are some applications/usecases of using this automation:
- Use this automation to find likes of your potential audience. By digging into the following of your audience, you will get an idea of the creators they like and you can take inspiration from those creators to resonate with your audience.
How to Extract Quora profile following?
This spice uses the profile URL to scrape the following of that profile. If you have multiple Quora profiles, you can either upload a CSV or link a Google sheet here to extract the following of all those profiles.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Quora MS session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the Quora MB session cookie manually or use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter profile URL of the Quora profile or upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet if you have multiple profiles to scrape following of Quora.
Note: You can save the cookies as variables in your account to reuse them multiple times.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to extract following of a Quora profile
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than a minute, depending on the number of Quora profiles you want to scrape the following.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- MS Session cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
- MB Session cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the profile URL of the Quora profile you want to extract the following.
- Number of following: Mention how many following you want to scrape from the specified profile(s).
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Quora profiles to extract the following of. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here. Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
- Extract Following: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape following from specified profiles.
How to Extract Quora profile following using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Quora Session cookies
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Quora to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Quora session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. If you use our desktop app, you don’t have to worry about proxies.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Quora profiles to scrape following of)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Quora session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the Quora profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Following will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Quora profiles to scrape, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Following you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to automatically Extract the Following of a Quora profile(s).
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂