Scrape A Facebook Profile New
Collect all the information from a Facebook profile. Scrape details of a Facebook profile and gather information about the profile. This can help you with ads. The information will give you insights into individual profiles and craft personalized ads.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- With the details that this automation scrapes, you can potentially know a lot about a Facebook user that can help you scale your business. For instance, you can find the company URL a user is working for (if provided by the user) and get in touch with them if you think they can help you with getting a job in the company they work for. Another thing you can do is use their birthday to create ads and target their birthday in Facebook targeting options. Since it’s their birthday, they are more likely to engage with your ads optimized for birthdays.
How to extract profiles from any Facebook profile?
Profile URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of profiles in a CSV or Google sheet to extract the details from those profile(s).
Here are the steps to use this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Facebook profile URL in the respective field. If you have a list of Profile URLs you want to extract the details from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Run the automation right away or schedule it for later.
Limitations & important points to note
- You can run 40 times a day. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Facebook Profile URLs you want to extract the details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- CUSER & XS: Facebook uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 5
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Scrape Facebook Profile: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to extract details of any Facebook profile?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Facebook session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple profile URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Facebook Profile button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Profile URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time for the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Scrape Facebook Profile button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract details from any Facebook profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂