Extract Profiles From A Facebook Group New
Extract the members of a Facebook group. Scrape Facebook group members to generate leads from people interested in one thing. Find the right group in your niche and scrape the group members using this spice.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Facebook groups are the most valuable asset for organic reach on Facebook. If you want to find quality leads who’re most like to be interested in what you’re selling, Facebook groups turn out to be the best source. With a list of Facebook profiles scraped from Facebook groups, you can straight away have a list of quality leads. You can add them to your friend’s circle on Facebook, create a similar/custom audience for Facebook ads, and more.
How to extract members from any Facebook group?
Group URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of group URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to extract the group members.
Here are the steps to use this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the group URL in the given field. If you have a list of Group URLs you want to extract the group members from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Mention the date of joining if you want to scrape only those Facebook profiles that have joined during the dates you specify.
- Optionally, you can mention the number of profiles you want to scrape.
- Run the automation immediately or schedule it for later
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 8 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Facebook Group URLs you want to extract the members from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- CUSER & XS: Facebook uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile
- Group URL: Enter the Group URL in this field. If you have a list of Group URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 6
- Member Joined Date: Optional input but in case you’re looking for members who’ve joined in a specific date range, you can use this dropdown.
- Number of members: Specify the number of members you want to scrape. Leaving it blank will scrape only 10,000 members. Facebook will let you scrape only 10,000 members, even if there are more than that. 10,000 potential leads are way more than enough. You can find more groups to fill up your tank with more members.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Extract members: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to extract members of any Facebook groups?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Facebook session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple group URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Group URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract members button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Group URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract members button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract members from any Facebook group.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂