Extract Company Facebook Ads Library
Extract all the details of ads published on a Facebook business page. Creating an ad on Facebook is so easy. You can simply begin with boosting a post. But Facebook ads are not just about that. A lot of science goes behind a successful ad. The major reason is the intent of people while on Facebook.
If you’re just starting out, you can take inspiration from existing businesses that are already running ads. You can even scrape these ads to pitch your social media marketing services. You can review these ads and create a plan of how you can improve the ads and help them get more business from Facebook. Either way, this spice is highly useful for people who’re either running a marketing agency or getting started as a social media marketer.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- With the data from the ads library of the pages, you can peep into the spices that goes into the perfect recipe of the best performing ads.
How to scrape ad details from a Facebook ads library?
Ads page URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of Ads page URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to scrape the ad’s details from the Facebook page.
Here are the steps to use this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Add the ads page URL in the respective field. If you have a list of Ads Page URLs you want to scrape the ad’s details from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Run the automation right away or schedule it for later or periodically.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
Limitations & important points to note
- You can run this spice 100 times per day and can run 30 profiles per execution. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to carry out the execution of this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Facebook ads page URLs you want to scrape the ads details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Ads page URL: Specify the ads page URL of a Facebook page. Go to page transparency section of the page, and then click on Go to Ad library. That’s the URL you need to add in this spice.
- CUSER & XS: Facebook uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Extract Company Ads: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to scrape the ad details from Facebook ads library?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Facebook session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple ads page URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Ads page URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Company Ads button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Ads page URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Company Ads button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape the ads details from Facebook ads library.
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂