Extract Comments from Facebook Posts
Extract details of people who have commented on a Facebook post. Facebook is a community of warm leads. Even though the buying intent while on Facebook is the lowest, it still is a great platform for brand awareness.
You can find potential leads in the comment section of businesses similar to yours. Nurture them and then convert. This spice is to help you scrape the details of people who’ve commented on posts from similar businesses as yours.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- While Facebook’s organic reach is officially dead, Facebook groups are emerging to be a gold mine. With a list of people commenting on a Facebook post, you can straight away generate leads to get in touch with via DM.
How to extract comments from a Facebook post?
Post URL is the primary input for this spice. You can create a list of Post URLs in a CSV or Google sheet to scrape the commenter’s details from the post.
Here are the steps to use this automation:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Profile URLs in the respective field. If you have a list of Post URLs you want to scrape the commenter’s details from, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below
- Optionally, enter the number of profiles you want to scrape from the Facebook post
- Choose if you want to remove duplicate profiles to find only unique profiles from the comments
- Choose if you want to scrape the comments as well
- Run the automation immediately or schedule it for later
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice as such. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. Find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Understanding the whole execution of this spice
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 9 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Facebook post URLs you want to scrape the commenter’s details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- CUSER & XS: Facebook uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile
- Post URL: Enter the Post URL in this field. If you have a list of Post URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 7
- Number of profiles: Specify the number of commenter’s profiles you want to scrape from the post. Leaving it blank will scrape details of 500 profiles.
- Remove duplicate profiles: Optional but highly recommended. Removing duplicate profiles will not take multiple comments from the same profile. However, in case you want to see what have, they commented every single time, leave this unchecked.
- Scrape replies: If you check this option, you will get the detail of replies a comment has received. This will help you find even more potential leads.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section
- Extract Commenters: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice for later
How to scrape the comments Facebook post?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Facebook Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Facebook to run this automation.
TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Facebook session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Facebook account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple post URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the post URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Commenters button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Post URLs, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Commenters button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to extract comments from Facebook pages.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂