Extract commenters of an Instagram post
Find leads by extracting the details of people who have commented on any Instagram post. Do you know which is one of the best sources of customers? It’s the comment section. That’s where people share their experiences about a product or service. We’re sure you must have seen a lot of such posts where people have done that.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- We have created this automation to help you scrape the details of your target audience and pitch them your product/services. All you have to do is find posts where your audience engages and input those in this automation. The automation will share valuable information about the people who’ve commented.
Here are some other automations you can run on the Instagram profile URLs you get from this automation:
- Scrape their email address for cold outreach
- Take a screenshot of their profile
- Auto like the recent posts from an Instagram account
- Automatically watch Instagram stories
- Scrape Instagram stories from any Instagram account
- Scrape posts published on an Instagram account
How to extract the details of commentors on any Instagram post?
The post URL is the primary input for this spice & you can optionally specify how many commenter’s details should be scrapped.
Here are the steps to use this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the post URL in the given field. If you have a list of Post URLs you want to Export the details of Instagram Comments, create a CSV or Google sheet and link it in the steps shown below.
- Specify the number of people you want to scrape from the comment section.
- Run the automation right away or schedule the automation only when there are a significant number of comments.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the ‘Use Proxy button’. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
Let’s see how to extract commenters of an Instagram post
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of Post URLs you want to scrape the details of commenters of any Instagram posts.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- SessionID: Instagram uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the Profile URL in this field. If you have a list of Profile URLs in a CSV or a Google sheet. Use that in step 4.
- Number of commenters: Specify how many commenter’s details should be scrapped. Leaving it blank will scrape details of 3000 profiles.
- Upload a CSV or Link a Google Sheet: Here you can upload a CSV or link a Google sheet. There are some extra steps here & we will cover them in the next section.
- Extract Commenters: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find company IDs.
How to scrape the details of commenters of any Instagram post?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Instagram Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Instagram to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Instagram session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. Make sure you’re logged in to your Instagram account & the activated chrome extension will do the job.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple post URLs)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First, paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button.
- Input the column containing the Post URLs. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Commenters button will immediately start the execution. Based on the number of Post URLs you want to scrape details of commenters, the execution time will vary.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on the Extract Commenters button, the execution will begin and then you will see the following message in the execution log.
Once you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape details of anyone who’s commented on any post on Instagram.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂