- Spice Name: Extract Medium Clapper
- Results: Extract the details of people who have clapped for a medium post.
- Usecase: Use this automation to find a list of interested people based on their clapping activiti on medium posts.
About Scraping clappers of a medium post
We have created this automation to help you find more readers of your content. You can scrape this data, along with some additional data to make informed decisions about marketing your content on medium. When someone claps for a particular post on medium, it tells us that those people are interested in such content. Therefore, find writers in your niche and take their posts to extract clappers of their posts.
This will give you a list of people who’d be interested in your content as well. If you already have posted similar content, you can scrape their medium profile, connect with them on Twitter and encourage them to read your content as well. Since there’s no way to get in touch with users on medium, connecting with them on Twitter is the only way to do that.
How to scrape clappers of a medium post?
To extract all the clappers of a medium post, all you have input is the post URL and number of clappers you want to extract. The script will share the information along with other relevant information in less than a minute if you extract details of just one post. You can upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet with post URLs and let the spice extract clappers of all those posts one by one.
Here are the steps to run this spice
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter Medium UID session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- then, enter the Medium SID session cookie manually or use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Enter the URL of medium post or upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet if you have a lot of posts to extract clappers from.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to extract clappers from Medium
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than a minute, depending on the number of clappers you want to scrape from a medium post.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Medium UID Session cookie: Medium uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Medium profile.
- Medium SID Session cookie: Medium uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Medium profile.
- Post URL: Enter the post URL you want to scrape the clappers from.
- Number of clappers: Mention the number of clappers you want to extract from the specified post. Leaving it blank will extract all the clappers. However, depending on the number of clappers on that post, the time taken to run the scrip will increase.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Medium post to extract clappers from. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here. Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
- Extract Clappers: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to extract clappers from the posts.
How to extract clappers from a medium post using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Medium Session cookies
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Medium to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your medium session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. If you use our desktop app, you don’t have to worry about proxies.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple medium posts to extract the clappers from)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Medium session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the medium post URL. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Clappers will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Medium posts to extract from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Clappers you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Then, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to automatically extract clappers of a medium post.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂