- Spice Name: Extract Linkedin Sales Navigator Inbox
- Results: This automation will get you all the thread URLs you have in your sales navigator account.
Extract sales navigator chat URLs automation
This automation simply gets you all the chat URLs to scrape the conversations using this automation. You can use this automation as a part of a workflow/recipe. For instance, first, scrape all the chat URLs using this automation, then the output as an input scrape the chat messages in the next part of the workflow, i.e using this automation.
Here are a few usecases/applications of this automation:
- This automation can be a part of a workflow where you extract thread URLs & use those URLs as input to extract all the messages in that thread using this automation.
- The chats that you extract from the URLs can be a great source of content ideas. Think about it, conversations with some of the most interseting people in your niche, triggering content ideas. Best part is, you can even tag them to create more buzz around it.
How to extract chat URLs from Sales Navigator?
We’ve kept this automation simple. All your chat/thread URLs will be extracted based on the LinkedIn cookie installed in the browser.
Here are the key steps to get chat URLs from the sales navigator:
- Create a free TexAu account here: TexAu
- Enter Linkedin session cookie manually or simply use TexAu Chrome Extension
- Mention the number of chats you want to extract from your sales navigator account. If you have multiple threads to deal with, create a spreadsheet with all those names.
Limitations & important points to note
Following limits imply scraping chat/thread URLs from sales navigator using TexAu:
- There’s no limit as such. However, you will have to keep in mind your daily executable limit. You can find the limit here.
- You will need to have a sales navigator account
Now let’s see the automation in action.
Let’s see how to extract chat URLs from sales navigator
Here we will see the step-by-step execution of the automation to scrape the messages from the sales navigator.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of chats. Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Linkedin Session Cookie: Linkedin uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the linkedin profile.
- Max Count: Specify the number of thread URLs you want to extract from your sales navigator account.
- Extract conversation threads: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can schedule running this spice if you have too big of a list to finish in one day. You can schedule the execution everyday, specific days of the week or month. You can even schedule the execution multiple times a day.
Note: The execution happens on the cloud so you don’t have to keep the browser open for scheduled executions.
Now that you know about input points, let’s take a look at the individual steps of the execution.
How to scrape chat/thread URLs from sales navigator using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Linkedin Session cookie
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the automation page. TexAu acts on your behalf on LinkedIn to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your LinkedIn session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button, as shown in the image above.
In case if you are not using Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on “Extract conversation threads” will immediately start the execution. It usually takes 1-2 minutes for the automation to finish, but depending on the number of URLs it might take longer.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set specific start & end times of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 3: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on “Extract conversation threads” & after the execution is completed, you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen:
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape the chat URLs from your sales navigator account.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this automation, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂